Comment posted Oban Lifeboat out to Lady Rock again by James Roy.
In my sailing days, regrettably long since gone, universal vhf usage was rare, and mobiles not yet invented.
I had various collisions with Tiree, Skye, the Cowal Peninsular, the bottom of Oban Harbour. and, on one shameful occasion, the banks of the Crinan Canal.
In every case I was able to wedge off, or a passing yacht passed a line.
But a vhf set would have been much appreciated.
Recent comments by James Roy
- NOW – 21.00: BBC 2′s ‘Town’ with Nicholas Crane visits Oban
yes and setting up VPN access is now easy and cheap
- Peace Pilgrimage going through Crinan Canal now, en route for Faslane
Please change the headline to Crinan, not Crinin.
- Amazon given government grants
I recently wanted a specialist book.
Local Waterstones (ten minute walk) said book was published in US, they could get one in probably two weeks.
Specialist book shop in Chiswick said much the same but were really disinterested.
Amazon, next day delivery to my home.
- Finally, SNP Government delivers a passenger ferry capable of seeing off Western Ferries
I love the photo, and the brilliant caption
- McDonald’s breakfast advertisement features Argyll
Denmark has decided to abolish its fat tax after barely a year, citing too many negative side effects hitting businesses. A proposed sugar tax that was meant to be introduced in 2013 has also been scrapped.
powered by SEO Super Comments