Comment posted Argyll and Bute Council: the empire strikes back with Argyll facing worst of all options by David Graham.
Hamish There is amajor difference with North Ayrshire in that the 4 Tory Councillors in Argyll and Bute would be on opposite of the Council.
Imagine if the 13 SNP councillors were split 9-4 as four wanted to serve their local area in Bute and Cowal! There would be expulsions either the 9 or the 4.
Standing before the voters on a Party ticket requires discipline based on the manifesto of the local party.
David Graham also commented
- George Who of the Councillors in the list above are the 9 Senior Councillors?
- Will be interesting to see who are the 9 Senior Councillors?
- Oh well looks like cut of the cards…….tomorrow.
- Have the Tories reined in their 4th Councillor and the other two Independents followed suit?
Could not have Tories on the Administration AND Opposition…same goes for Argyll First.
- Perhaps the SNP leader was a bit hasty in announcing his administration before the Dunoon Ward result.
SNP dominated responsibility and the 4 local area committes.
Independents and the Tory/Argyll First councillor may not be to happy if not fully involved in the allocation of these positions.
Would have thought that the deputy leader would have come from the Independents, Tory/Argyll First and/or even a Chair or V/Chair of at least one Area Committe would have been fairer.
Recent comments by David Graham
- Argyll Flyer in Ardmaleish boatyard
Is the different works on the Gourock linkspan to accomodate ‘the two new ferries’…… promised by you know who…….and being ready to sail by the end of August!
- Four Argyll groups get Awards For All lottery funding
Someone’s got their figures wrong!!!!
- First Minister’s call for ‘grown up politics’ countered by order – from the top
A challenge to Mike……………who knows?
- First Minister’s tribute to Iain Banks
Who would Not?
- Council stalemate: attitude shifts and external leverage
Next Council elections in May 2017….
2016 is the Scottish Parliament elections……
unless the Westminster Tory/Lib coalition does not last until May 2015…fingers crossed!!!!!!!
powered by SEO Super Comments