Comment posted Revised plans announced for new Kintyre creamery by Treblet.
Some of the Fair Trade products I have purchased in the Co-op are dreadful. I have had Co-op Fair Trade wine which tasted like vinegar and Co-op Fair Trade chocolate which is not nearly as good as Cadbury’s.
Tesco and ASDA will not open new supermarkets in a town unless it has a large population. The only reason that there is a Morrison’s in Fort William is because Morrison’s fell heir to it when they bought Safeways.
Treblet also commented
If the people in Kintyre do not like Tesco then that is their choice. They will certainly notice that they will pay a lot more for their shopping if they start using the Co-op in Campbeltown instead of Tesco.
- Tesco’s prices are normally about the same as ASDA sometimes cheaper for some items and slightly dearer for others. However on a weekly shopping trip Tesco and ASDA are certainly cheaper than every other major supermarket chain such as Morrisons, Sainsbury and the Co-op.
You cannot include Lidl’s or Aldi as you would be hard pressed to do a weekly shop in one visit to either Lidl or Aldi.
I am a member of Kantar World Panel (also known as National Shopping Monitor) and I scan my shopping. Therefore I know all about the prices in supermarkets.
You obviously do not like Tesco.
Where I live I would be delighted if Tesco decided to open up in competition with the Co-op. It would certainly make the Co-op reduce their prices and join the real world.
Supermarkets like Tesco are keen to take over post office’s as they hope people collecting their pensions and other benefits will then spend their money in their supermarket.
Tesco are still doing well when their main competitor is the Co-op.
- I would not be surprised if Tesco pull out of Campbeltown and sell their exsisting store to Lidl. The only reason that Tesco have supermarkets in Oban and Campbeltown is because they fell heir to them when they bought William Low’s.
Recent comments by Treblet
- Scotland heading to be a one-party state
Community Councils are a waste of time.
I deal with any problems that affect me, myself!
- Nimble SNP make mayhem at Westminster over EU referendum
The Scottish Government are currently spending £228 Million on a Borders railway to nowhere.
At least the Labour/Lib-Dem coalition had a lot more sense and were going to spend the money on a Glasgow Airport rail link.
However like the on going problems at the Rest and Be Thankful the SNP Government are not interested in Greater Glasgow and Argyll.
- Sarwar makes decision in favour of his party
You obviously know nothing about banking in the UK in the 21st Century.
The reason that the banks are closing branches is because most of their customers are using online or telephone banking.
There is a well known saying “use it or lose it”.
- A83 Latest – closure [updating regularly]
Michael Russell is more interested in attending a YES Argyll meeting in Lochgilphead earlier this month than looking after the current problems affecting his constituents in Argyll & Bute.
In my opinion he is not much use as the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Life Long Learning receiving a salary of over £100K per annum.
Michael Russell should return to being an author.
- Lifeline for wildlife – 5p per carrier bag in Scotland from today
Whilst the Green brigade will be happy the shopkeepers are certainly not happy about the 5p bag tax as it is likely to increase shoplifting.
Needless to say the MSP’s did not consider the likely possibility of an increase in shoplifting when they voted in favour of this daft tax.
powered by SEO Super Comments