Comment posted Revised plans announced for new Kintyre creamery by john in kintyre.
I can only go by the article above and the press releases from both the Scottish Gov and First Milk, both of which state that the Goverment funding of £2m is subject to the benificiary, First Milk, meeting standard grant conditions.
To me it does not matter a great deal whether it is European Monies or not, as long as it is benificial to Kintyre farmers and the existing workforce in the Creamery.
It is excellent news for Campbeltown which sorely needs some inward investment.
Perhaps you have something against Dairy Farmers hence the sour grape whinging in your posts, I know it must be very difficult for someone of your political persuasion to even admit some good will come of this project especially if it is driven by the Scottish Goverment and a Farmer’s Co-operative.
On a different subject, where are the followers of the grumpy old men party going to put their “x” in the comming referendum?
john in kintyre also commented
- Hughie, Please read my post again.
I unlike kintyre1 fully understand and support the investment.
- Standing on the side and having no knowledge of dairy farming, it seems to me kintyre1 is arguing that the £2m investment by the Scottish Gov and First Milk to secure 100 jobs in the plant, also it seems to be an important outlet for the Kintyre farms selling to the Creamery, is a no brainer and complete waste of taxpayers monies.
Recent comments by john in kintyre
- Sturgeon defence to Dugdale: ‘Everyone’s projections about oil were wrong’
Name one person, economic forecaster or institution who predicted the fall in the price of oil pre-referendum 14?
- Parliamentary Labour Party moves to take control of any post-election coalitions
Pathetic comment Richard, you know that you can get help for your fixation on Alex
- Blair trying to buy his way back into nationwide Labour favour
Mary did what she was told and ordered by the esteemed pro war Blairite Leader in the Scottish Branch Office
- Labour candidate for Argyll & Bute challenged by SNP candidate on Blair funding
THE DIFFERENCE IS:
The rich supporter in Largs does not have blood and treasure on his hands and did not take the UK into an illegal war in Iraq based on a tissue of lies and deceit
- Prime Minister and broadcasters both right on TV debates issue
Fully agree with that oban4me, but the referendum on the 18th changed the mindset of many Labour supporters when they perceived their Party standing hand in hand with the Tories and to compound their difficulties they were landed with a right wing Blairite war voting Westminster MP
powered by SEO Super Comments