Comment posted Revised plans announced for new Kintyre creamery by john in kintyre.
I can only go by the article above and the press releases from both the Scottish Gov and First Milk, both of which state that the Goverment funding of £2m is subject to the benificiary, First Milk, meeting standard grant conditions.
To me it does not matter a great deal whether it is European Monies or not, as long as it is benificial to Kintyre farmers and the existing workforce in the Creamery.
It is excellent news for Campbeltown which sorely needs some inward investment.
Perhaps you have something against Dairy Farmers hence the sour grape whinging in your posts, I know it must be very difficult for someone of your political persuasion to even admit some good will come of this project especially if it is driven by the Scottish Goverment and a Farmer’s Co-operative.
On a different subject, where are the followers of the grumpy old men party going to put their “x” in the comming referendum?
john in kintyre also commented
- Hughie, Please read my post again.
I unlike kintyre1 fully understand and support the investment.
- Standing on the side and having no knowledge of dairy farming, it seems to me kintyre1 is arguing that the £2m investment by the Scottish Gov and First Milk to secure 100 jobs in the plant, also it seems to be an important outlet for the Kintyre farms selling to the Creamery, is a no brainer and complete waste of taxpayers monies.
Recent comments by john in kintyre
- Savills say new version of Land & Buildings Transaction Tax 27% higher than rest of UK
That speaks volumes if it is indeed a fact Richard.
- Council Planning Committee meeting on 21st January promises to be lively – as 2 MSPs call for postponement
Deter who Jamie?
- Jim Murphy’s strategic placement of Labour Shadow Ministerial posts
Seasonal thought, its like a pantomime with the lead actor unable to perform so the stand-in does his role, so Kezia is puppet on a string mouthing Jim’s lines. The question most would like an answer to is Kezia now for Trident renewal, Student fees, Illegal wars etc that is part and parcel of Jim’s Westminster baggage
- Jim Murphy’s dilemmas
Jnr Tick, do not know what MK is on, could be prescription or a legal high, so please stop winding up an almost extinct species in Scotland who votes Tory
- Labour go for Murphy and Dugdale – now for the political Himalayas
Patrick Harvie Co-Convenor of the Scottish Greens summed it up eloquently:
“I would like to offer my congratulations to Jim Murphy and my commiserations to Scottish Labour”
powered by SEO Super Comments