Comment posted Revised plans announced for new Kintyre creamery by kintyre1.
Unfortunately you have chosen to misrepresent the facts and instead turn to character assasination , how very sad .
kintyre1 also commented
- Figures out this week show that the number of dairy farms +COWS is at an all time low in Scotland .
4000 dairy cows in Kintyre & Gigha and falling , where not so long ago there were 6500 . FACTS .
- I am interested to see John in Kintyre talk of a £2million pound investment by the Scottish Gov and First Milk . My understanding and no doubt john will correct me if I am mistaken , is that up to 2 million pounds of European grant funding to be delivered by the Scottish Government is available for this project which begs the question , how much are First Milk contributing ?
My position on the Creamery is that I have serious doubts about it’s long term sustainability , with or without this investment and that I would prefer to see government take a more rounded view of development in Kintyre and agriculture in particular given that the present strategy is based on the Creamery and dairying only with grant funding poured into the milk sector and other farmers and their projects left with a few crumbs of support or none at all in many cases. In summary don’t put all your eggs in one shaky basket .
- Hughie can you explain why milk is being tankered in to Campbeltown Creamery at huge cost ?
- If the number of producers is unimportant , why do the Scottish Government and First Milk put such emphasis on the number ? Could it be that they realise without a critical number of producers there is no infrastructure to support farmers eg vets ,feed merchants , dairy engineers etc
- Producers can be “committed and dedicated” one day and dead the next . It is clear from recent farm sales that no one is willing to come to Kintyre and take on a dairy farm , little wonder when producers here receive one of the poorest milk prices in Europe and have some of the highest costs .
Recent comments by kintyre1
- Argyll and the Isles Secrets Collection: Southend and Dunaverty – St Columba, footprints, the Keil Caves and the Bruce
I took some visitors to see the footprints and cave this summer and they were all of the opinion that the information available at the site was lamentable and were glad to have a ‘local ‘ on hand to explain the significance of the area .
There is an urgent need for more information boards , better signposting and access together with a linking of other local sights of significance , Dunaverty Rock and Mull of Kintyre . Funding spent promoting tourism in Southend would pay dividends many times over .
- SNP lose another Argyll & Bute councillor
Richard do you mean the No Thanks team ? Can you inform us here if there are any not removed ?
- SNP irresponsibly fuelling dangerous inflammation when Scotland needs calm
Like many I am happy that Scotland voted to remain part of the United Kingdom .
Let us remind ourselves for a moment of some facts . A record turnout of voters in all areas of Scotland saw over 2 million people vote to remain part of the UK .55% of voters backed the UK, a winning margin of 10% , almost half a million votes more than those wanting to break up the country.
The behaviour of the SNP before , during and since the referendum is offensive to the majority of Scots . I agree with Newsroom that they appear to be trying to provoke civil unrest , some of us are questioning if the police have done all they should to contain the thuggery .
It is clear to me that nationalists have been exposed as not being democrats and that the only way to defeat them is for those of us who oppose them to unite behind Unionist candidates best placed to defeat them and work together towards the elimination of the SNP from scottish politics .
- SNP lose another Argyll & Bute councillor
The co operation among those who believe in the continuation of the United Kingdom in Kintyre over these last months has been astonishing and heart warming .
Many people in Kintyre are disgusted by the antics of the SNP over the last two years .
Expect a stormy by election with a large turnout and a massive anti SNP vote .
- Salmond departure only hope for healing in Scotland – successor cannot be Sturgeon
The news today just gets better and better . Thank you Scotland . The people have spoken and the nats can’t take it .
powered by SEO Super Comments