Comment posted Revised plans announced for new Kintyre creamery by kintyre1.
Morag can you explain why milk is being tankered into Kintyre everyday if as you claim there is as much milk as there was when there were 100 producers ?
Can you further tell us how many dairy cows there are in Kintyre now compared to a few years ago ,
and while you are about it tell us why Campbeltown cheese is being sold in Lidl supermarkets at a knock down price when it is claimed to be a premium product .
kintyre1 also commented
- Figures out this week show that the number of dairy farms +COWS is at an all time low in Scotland .
4000 dairy cows in Kintyre & Gigha and falling , where not so long ago there were 6500 . FACTS .
- I am interested to see John in Kintyre talk of a £2million pound investment by the Scottish Gov and First Milk . My understanding and no doubt john will correct me if I am mistaken , is that up to 2 million pounds of European grant funding to be delivered by the Scottish Government is available for this project which begs the question , how much are First Milk contributing ?
My position on the Creamery is that I have serious doubts about it’s long term sustainability , with or without this investment and that I would prefer to see government take a more rounded view of development in Kintyre and agriculture in particular given that the present strategy is based on the Creamery and dairying only with grant funding poured into the milk sector and other farmers and their projects left with a few crumbs of support or none at all in many cases. In summary don’t put all your eggs in one shaky basket .
- Hughie can you explain why milk is being tankered in to Campbeltown Creamery at huge cost ?
- Unfortunately you have chosen to misrepresent the facts and instead turn to character assasination , how very sad .
- If the number of producers is unimportant , why do the Scottish Government and First Milk put such emphasis on the number ? Could it be that they realise without a critical number of producers there is no infrastructure to support farmers eg vets ,feed merchants , dairy engineers etc
Recent comments by kintyre1
- Argyll at risk of losing dairy sector as First Milk culls milk price to lowest level ever
Factually inaccurate to claim First Milk are the only milk buyers in Argyll & Bute , Inverloch Cheese Company buy milk . Also untrue to say milk is at an all time low price to farmers . Never mind our local councillors have decided to fly the saltire so all will be well …..
- CalMac Friday Strike: Oban’s Coastal Connections to run Mull service
What does Michael Russell MSP have to say about this ?
- Argyll Bute Council, challenge, complaint, codes of conduct and the scheme of things
“elected members” , I’ve got to laugh at this , what other kind are there ? Unelected ? Councillors would be a more understandable label to those of us not inhabiting the gilded corridors of Kilmory .
- In the foothills of its 50th anniversary, HIE reports successful year
When the old enterprise companies published glossy annual reports of their “successes” I used to keep them and three years on from first appearing most of the so called success stories had turned to dust after the input of millions of pounds of taxpayers’ money .
£4.67 million pounds wasted on community buyouts would have been better used repaying the nation’s debt .
- Russell welcomes additional weekend office support for farmers and crofters to complete deadlined CAP Single Application Forms
Another complete shambles , all the fault of the incompetent SNP administration in Edinburgh .
powered by SEO Super Comments