Comment posted A83 landslide closure updates by Robert Wakeham.
Andrew: I can’t imagine anything worse than having to travel that detour regularly; I’m sure that there are others commuting from Lochgoilhead – and that you’d be best to seek them out for advice. Ignore Jake – he’s wrong, anyway – it’s not 3-legged haggis at all, it’s the ancient Scottish ancestors of the ‘Side Hill Walkers’ that inhabited the French Canadian wilderness: animals with their legs longer on one side or the other to cope with mountainsides. They prefer conical hills as they can’t turn around, and tend to panic on the steep slopes above the Rest when they can’t find their way home. They died out years ago in Canada because cross breeding was a disaster, but have hung on in Argyll.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Such an optimist – we live in Argyll; it rains.
- Traffic camera reality check at 10pm: Snow covered A82 at Tyndrum, distinctly less snowy A83 at The Rest.
- So It’s Tuesday (decision day?), the Rest is closed again tonight, and it looks like a blizzard at Tyndrum, and even more of a blizzard at Dalmally.
- Derek: it’s nothing to do with the council, it’s the government – it’s a trunk road.
- Call me cynical but I doubt anything will be done until – heaven forfend – the politicians and senior civil servants in Edinburgh find they can’t get home one night (or however many nights it takes) because of what’s termed ‘civil disobedience’. They’d just have to take a diversion – the longer the better, and preferably complete with snow and ice.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Baillie impressive at First Minister’s Questions – and then the polls rolled in
Surely no-one on this blog takes NCH’s ‘facts’ at face value?
- Argyll First launch new petition for permanent solution to A83
You’re talking about galleries, and there’s already one in Scotland, protecting both the A890 and the Kyle railway near Attadale on the shore of Loch Carron.
- Sarwar makes decision in favour of his party
By wielding that old catch-phrase ‘bitter together’ you conveniently forget how many of the ‘no’ voters want to see a strong, vigorous Scotland but without casting off from Britain and throwing away the lines.
Strange how so much of what you spout seems to be motivated by an underlying bitterness all of your own – an irresistible urge to indulge in sour comment and petty back-biting, NCH.
- A83 Latest – closure [updating regularly]
So if all the other options were ‘ridiculously expensive’ are we stuck with the status quo?
Or is it, perhaps, that what is ‘ridiculously expensive’ is in fact relatively commonplace in some other European countries?
- MoD still to give ‘definitive answer’ to cause of ‘loud bang’ in Western Isles
The ‘stray’ was apparently a Latvian cargo plane that lost contact over Kent, but what seems to be causing concern is the number of Russian military aircraft, including refuellers, flying around European international airspace without filing flight plans, with no transponders, and maintaining radio silence.
powered by SEO Super Comments