Comment posted Louise Glen-Lee wins Oban North and Lorn by election by David Pollard.
The LibDem candidate fought the campaign on the issues facing local people in Oban North and Lorn.
Recent comments by David Pollard
- Shaming defence from FM as Salmond’s own adviser attacks young No Thanks supporter
Its typical of the ‘yes’ attack dogs that they go for the speaker rather than what is said. They are now so desperate that they are destroying their own arguments in violent aggression. I think the vile attack on J K Rowling is probably the turning point and there is no way back for the ‘yes’ campaign
- ‘No Thanks’ meeting in Taynuilt as rebranding takes root
The way some ‘yes’ campaigners targetted J K Rowling after she came out ‘No’ is disgraceful. It shows that the ‘Yes’ campaigners are getting desperate.
- Europarl elections: Scottish result
There is so much hate in the independence debate, I don’t see it healing for a generation whatever the result.
- New councillor, Neil MacIntyre, clarifies position he will adopt at council
Well done ‘Forargyll’ for asking the question. The answers seem very vague. I’m surprised that Roddy McCuish is now a ‘brother’ I hope Roddy sees the funny side anyway.
- Council by-election result: Labour takes first seat in Argyll and Bute Council since 1999
Not that I understand STV completely, but neither MacIntyre’s nor Macleod’s second preference votes were used because they were the two left at the end and their final tally included the second preference votes of the other candidates who had dropped out. You will note that David Pollard collected the MOST 2nd preference votes although they were not enough to stop him getting eliminated.
powered by SEO Super Comments