Comment posted Louise Glen-Lee wins Oban North and Lorn by election by David Pollard.
The LibDem candidate fought the campaign on the issues facing local people in Oban North and Lorn.
Recent comments by David Pollard
- Economic case for more national parks in Scotland – obstructed by Scottish Government
There are local representatives on the Boards of the National Parks. A National Park Board should represent all who live and work in the park, and sometimes they have to make decisions which some people do not like. Its surprising that the population of Argyll and Bute which is reducing across the district, should also apply to LLNP. Perhaps someone can publish the figures on ForArgyll.
- Out-of-control Salmond sidelines Sturgeon
As Labour drops the shackles of English Labour, the SNP is taken over by someone who wants to rule Westminster. You could not make it up.
- Outright win for John Armour and SNP in South Kintyre
In your dreams Isla!
- Local MSP claims Argyll landowners ‘blight community progress’ and inflict ‘anti-democratic abuse’
Community ownership comes at a price. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The SNP is clearly determined to nationalise land in the way they have nationalised the police and fire service.
- ‘And how much would this have cost an independent Scotland?’
Latest figure for oil is approaching $70/barrel. The gossip is that OPEC want the price to go down to make shale oil uneconomic and thus drive competitors out of the business.
powered by SEO Super Comments