Comment posted Louise Glen-Lee wins Oban North and Lorn by election by David Pollard.
The LibDem candidate fought the campaign on the issues facing local people in Oban North and Lorn.
Recent comments by David Pollard
- Out-of-control Salmond sidelines Sturgeon
As Labour drops the shackles of English Labour, the SNP is taken over by someone who wants to rule Westminster. You could not make it up.
- Outright win for John Armour and SNP in South Kintyre
In your dreams Isla!
- Local MSP claims Argyll landowners ‘blight community progress’ and inflict ‘anti-democratic abuse’
Community ownership comes at a price. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The SNP is clearly determined to nationalise land in the way they have nationalised the police and fire service.
- ‘And how much would this have cost an independent Scotland?’
Latest figure for oil is approaching $70/barrel. The gossip is that OPEC want the price to go down to make shale oil uneconomic and thus drive competitors out of the business.
- Gigha community ownership on brink of failure
This comment by Dileas puts a more positive light on Community ownership. Also, I’m sure there is opportunity for more wind power and perhaps wave and tidal power in the future. If Gigha becomes totally self sufficient in energy, and insulates its homes, it will become a quite cheap place to live.
powered by SEO Super Comments