Comment posted Louise Glen-Lee wins Oban North and Lorn by election by David Pollard.
The LibDem candidate fought the campaign on the issues facing local people in Oban North and Lorn.
Recent comments by David Pollard
- Comar shenanigans on Mull shows there’s no stushie like an arts stushie – and highlights major issues
This is a very interesting article. From the way things are shaping up the Management are in for a rough time on Monday night. There maybe those who call for resignations before listening to the facts, but if the Comar Board will not publish their accounts, I don’t see how we can get to the bottom of this.
My only contribution is that the most successful arts organisations I have come across have lowered themselves from time to time to make money. For a theatre, this is a panto at Christmas and Charley’s Aunt in the summer, or somethings just as popular.
- Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh on Daesh: ‘If we are to make real progress tackling extremism we must stop it at source – and call it what it is’
I agree totally, Arthur.
- Failing first time round, RMT go for 2nd strike to screw Scotland – and themselves
If Union members are not working efficiently then they are being subsidised by the tax payer. This article has produced some very interesting facts I was unaware of, but one point that is missed is that the operator (whether it be CalMac or Serco) has to operate boats owned by someone else, to a timetable dictated by Transport Scotland. Under these circs, I can’t understand why anyone should want to run the service at all!
- SNP alerts infantry to prepare to hunt out Carmichael
not only is Carmichael still here, he is leading opposition to the ‘English Laws for English Matters’ in Parliament. The SNP are chasing him because they are impotent in Parliament and have nothing else to do.
- ONE VOTE for democracy and the freedom to be different
Yes, but that was in England, where she comes across as a nice, sensible person. In Scotland we know how her leadership of the SNP is leading to more and more centralisation and shifting money to the Central Belt at the expense of Argyll and Bute.
powered by SEO Super Comments