Comment posted Louise Glen-Lee wins Oban North and Lorn by election by kintyre1.
Congratulations to Ms Glen-Lee , I hope she enjoys her 5 months as a councillor .
kintyre1 also commented
- David McEwan Hill’s call for a “strong group” is the same argument used by the Nazis to promote themselves as Germany’s saviours .
I was led to believe by the SNP and others that the introducion of proportional representation and multi member wards was to remove majority control of our councils and such a move would be to all our benefits .
In my view the last thing Argyll & Bute needs is a sycophantic majority controling group running roughshod over the wishes of the majority of the electorate . Consider the treatment of Councillor Robb for daring to raise his voice to see what such a group would do for democratic debate and good decision making .
Recent comments by kintyre1
- UK response to the Russia-Crimea situation: selfies, posturing and dangerous old hat
Every story carried in the mainstream media about Russia is a negative one .
- Testing A83 Emergency Diversion – passed with distinction
That is dreadful news for all those who have to travel between 7.30pm and 7am and unacceptable to many people travelling the long distance from Kintyre .
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
I applaud Fred Hall for recognising the damage done to our justice system by the SNP and for having the courage to force a by-election .
However , re electing a disillusioned SNP is unlikely to be in the best interests of Ward 4 as we have seen time and again how nationalist councillors slip in and out of the SNP as it suits them .
Only yesterday I was hearing on ArgyllFM’s magazine show how united the SNP are …. yes seriously !
- Campbeltown Picture House appoints design team
Excellent news , the transparency is so welcome and a complete contrast to the largely secret workings of the Machrihanish Airbase Community Company .
- Scottish Government own goal in trumpeting Ryanair support for Indy
Two Irish Republicans support the break up of the United Kingdom .Hardly a great surprise is it ?
powered by SEO Super Comments