Comment posted Louise Glen-Lee wins Oban North and Lorn by election by kintyre1.
Congratulations to Ms Glen-Lee , I hope she enjoys her 5 months as a councillor .
kintyre1 also commented
- David McEwan Hill’s call for a “strong group” is the same argument used by the Nazis to promote themselves as Germany’s saviours .
I was led to believe by the SNP and others that the introducion of proportional representation and multi member wards was to remove majority control of our councils and such a move would be to all our benefits .
In my view the last thing Argyll & Bute needs is a sycophantic majority controling group running roughshod over the wishes of the majority of the electorate . Consider the treatment of Councillor Robb for daring to raise his voice to see what such a group would do for democratic debate and good decision making .
Recent comments by kintyre1
- McGrigor calls on RMT to stop Friday strike against Calmac amidst fears for vital tourism economy
Has part time MSP Mike Russell nothing to say on the issue ?
What of Brendan O’Hara MP ? Does he know where some of the islands in Argyll & Bute are ?
- Scottish Greens shoot both wings of support
The Greens were split on the subject of independence with retired MSP Robin Harper strongly opposed .
- Concert pianist Catherine Nardiello in free concert in Lochgair
Looks like a great deal as the concert at Easdale in August is £6 a ticket .
- Russell’s remaining questions on Castle Toward
Meanwhile our health service crashes from crisis to crisis , our school standards are falling , our train services are cut back , ferry services are in disarray and the employment prospects in Argyll & Bute deteriorate alarmingly….
- Argyll at risk of losing dairy sector as First Milk culls milk price to lowest level ever
Factually inaccurate to claim First Milk are the only milk buyers in Argyll & Bute , Inverloch Cheese Company buy milk . Also untrue to say milk is at an all time low price to farmers . Never mind our local councillors have decided to fly the saltire so all will be well …..
powered by SEO Super Comments