Comment posted Castle Toward campaigner challenges Russell to defend Scottish Government decision by kintyre1.
I believe Michael Russell MSP is appearing on the QT programme .
kintyre1 also commented
- Thankfully we are free to express our dissatisfaction with our SNP masters whether others like it or not .
Mr Russell himself never misses an opportunity to attack “Westminster” politicans blaming them for just about everything .
My complaint regarding our MSP is that it is reasonable to expect a constituency MSP , one who sought election under the label ‘Local Champion’ and who now sits in the Scottish cabinet , to ensure his constituency gets a fair crack of the whip . On this score to date Mr Russell has failed miserably .
- If Mr Russell were to do something which “favours Argyll” I would be the first to give him credit .
- The electorate of Argyll & Bute may have thought having an MSP from the ruling party would bring benefits to the constituency , alas the opposite appears to be the case with Michael Russell too keen to follow the party line and protect his £97,000 salary at the expense of local interests .
Recent comments by kintyre1
- Insights for Argyll and the Isles in CalMac’s annual carrying figures
Previous information, though I’m not sure of the source , suggested a start date of Friday 4th April 2014 for the Ardrossan – Campbeltown route ,I have it written in my diary , now the date is confirmed as 1st May 2014 .
To state the residents of Campbeltown agreed to the present timetable is stretching matters . The townspeople were informed the same timetable was operating again this year , who was consulted about it is a mystery though local councillors would be involved , surely ?
Regardless of these shortcomings , there is no doubting the benefit to the area of the extra visitors and it would be churlish not to acknowledge the ferry is good for Kintyre and is a valuable asset which can grow in importance , witness nearly 3/4 million passengers carried to Arran .
- UK response to the Russia-Crimea situation: selfies, posturing and dangerous old hat
Every story carried in the mainstream media about Russia is a negative one .
- Testing A83 Emergency Diversion – passed with distinction
That is dreadful news for all those who have to travel between 7.30pm and 7am and unacceptable to many people travelling the long distance from Kintyre .
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
I applaud Fred Hall for recognising the damage done to our justice system by the SNP and for having the courage to force a by-election .
However , re electing a disillusioned SNP is unlikely to be in the best interests of Ward 4 as we have seen time and again how nationalist councillors slip in and out of the SNP as it suits them .
Only yesterday I was hearing on ArgyllFM’s magazine show how united the SNP are …. yes seriously !
- Campbeltown Picture House appoints design team
Excellent news , the transparency is so welcome and a complete contrast to the largely secret workings of the Machrihanish Airbase Community Company .
powered by SEO Super Comments