Comment posted Council Elections: The count by ClootieDumpling.
Tell us about Ward 5′s Iain MacDonald, Newsroom.
Your enthusiasm for him makes me suspect that he was flying false colours, and he’s actually a closet SNP.
ClootieDumpling also commented
- Well, he had to be selected, didn’t he, as Mike MacKenzie’s brother-in-law.
Recent comments by ClootieDumpling
- Radically new council group changes all the dynamics: party politics dead in Argyll
- New SNP group leader unable to keep the sheep in the pen
- Minutes of today’s meeting of ‘Concerned Councillors’ Group
Quite so. And – given the current heavy-handed top-down SNP stance – did they get permission from Michael “The Boss” Russell before they issued their statement? If not, we might be looking at two suspensions; as in “by the neck until …”.
- SNP tightens party grip on local councillors in further chaos
Why not get everything signed off by Wee Eck as well, just to be absolutely sure the party line’s being properly toed. That’d really speed up the democratic process of local government.
Or maybe we should just dispense with the council altogether, and let the residents of Argyll & Bute receive their orders direct from On High.
To quote a Scotsman letter from someone who’d been fruitlessly trying to get some sense out of her own council: “I feel like a child with feckless parents. Totally helpless”.
- SNP meeting on Monday may be testing time for mega-coalition proposal
I got a banner ad for YouTube Comedy Week when I logged on. Most appropriate.
powered by SEO Super Comments