We’d decided to put off our first Awards scheme because of the current recession. Then we thought that everybody needs as much fun and encouragement as possible these days – so – here are the recession-proof, essential ForArgyll Awards. No ceremony – not this year. No physical trophies – yet.
- Nominee and Winner ‘buttons’ will be given to competitors to be placed on appropriate websites.
- Certificates will be presented to winners and may be displayed in business premises. Each of these will be unique to its winner, carrying the citation to defend the award.
The Award Categories are listed at the end of this article, with a link to a Nomination Form. Nominations will be published here in batches, as they come in. Online voting will be available here from 25th December.
- Nominations close at midnight on 24th December.
- Online voting will open on 25th December and closes at midnight on 31st December
- Winners will be published on the ForArgyll site at 2.00pm on 1st January 2009
Here are the guidelines for nomination – and they appear also on the Online Nomination Form linked below:
- All nominees must be based in or relate to Argyll
- It’s permissable for you to have a connection with your nominee – but more than one nomination must be received for a nominee to be entered into competition so make sure you recruit support for your candidate.
- You may enter a nominee in more than one Category, where appropriate.
- You may make more than one nomination in any Category
- All nominations must be received by midnight on 24th December
The Categories in which Awards will be made are:
* Best community website
* Best community initiative
* Best community event
* Best Arts website
* Best heritage website
* Best tourism website
* Best wildlife website
* Best ecommerce website
* Best Blog
* Best local newspaper website
* Best renewable energy initiative
* Best individual or group achievement
* Best event
* Best music and arts organisation
* Best sporting facility
* Best Village Hall
* Best Restaurant
* Best Accommodation
* Best Visitor Attraction
* Best potential for 2009
Get nominating – FAST. Time is short. Here’s the Nomination Form.